Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Chicken house is finished!!

The chicken house was finished on Friday........hooray!! My very clever craftsman has made a wonderful job and has thought of everything. I'm amazed- everywhere I look there is an innovative idea. It makes me smile each time I walk down the path to open the greenhouse, or to hang out the washing. I've taken some progress pictures and I'll take a picture of the finished house tomorrow. We hope to go on a road trip on Monday to Little River and collect 4 brown shaver chickens. I'm excited and nervous. We may have to have an official opening of Chook Manor- ribbon cutting and cucumber sandwiches?

No mistaking who lives here!

While I was working in the Potager garden last weekend I had some company. Naughty Spock had stayed out all night and was catching up on his sleep. It was like the equivalent of a hangover- he couldn't keep his eyes open. It must have been cosy snuggled up in the pea straw.


It was very hard work and I wondered why I had thought this a good idea, but one corner of the Potager garden is now complete!! It required hours of weeding as it had been in lawn, and digging in many bricks. I added pea straw and compost, but it's done. I put my bean support together which I had won off Trade Me a couple of years ago and planted my White Lady runner beans grown by me from seed. Also planted silver beet- for Mr SFP and the chickens and lettuce plants. I'm very proud of my efforts- only 3 more sections to go........may take a while.


I'm very proud of my construction skills as I had lost the instructions LOL.

The fence is to deter our big dog Rosie from using the garden as a toilet- oh the joys of owning a dog....not!
I'll leave you with this pretty white campanula growing in the flower garden. I'll be back very soon with details of today's progress in the garden.  TTFN  Mrs SFP xx



2 comments:

  1. Love the hen design on the hen house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. Thanks for popping by! Hopefully it will make the girls feel at home LOL. Kind regards Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete