Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Don't you just love home baking!!

Well last night I found myself with nothing in the tins for school lunches the next day. Don't you just love being able to whip up a batch of biscuits? I was using the oven for home made pizzas, so I pulled out the trusty Edmonds book and made a batch of Hokey Pokey Biscuits.
Yumm, Hokey Pokey Biscuits from the Edmonds book
Recipe for Hokey Pokey Biscuits:

125 g butter                                   1.5 cups white flour
1/2 cup sugar                                 1 t baking soda
1 T golden syrup
1 T milk 

Combine butter, sugar, golden syrup and milk in a pot. Heat until butter is melted and mixture nearly boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool until lukewarm. Sift dry ingredients and add to cooled mixture. Stir well. Roll into small balls and flatten with floured fork.
Bake at 180'C for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Watch them disappear LOL.
March 2012 NZ Gardener magazine
My copy of the this months New Zealand Gardener magazine arrived in the post yesterday. I love this magazine and recommend it to all gardeners, just starting or experts. You can use your Fly Buys to purchase a subscription. Once it's opened it will be consumed from cover to cover until next months arrives. I get a bit overwhelmed with everybodys garden abilities, but I figure everybody has to start somewhere, right? 
6 Felt Decorations from Feltworks Dimension Kit
As promised here are all 6 of my finished felt decorations. They were a delight and a challenge to complete, but well worth it. They came in a Feltworks kit from Dimensions. I have a felt garland to work on, but I'm trying to inspire sister Mrs HMM to join me in my pain.
January Challenge Brittercup Designs Michelle M Lash
Here is my January decoration from my darling Sister's year long challenge for the two of us. My 11 year old Niece is also participating as well. Inspiring that it has started her on her stitching journey in life, who knows where it will lead. I was probably about her age when I started my love affair with all things crafty.

Well, time to go and put the tea on for the family. I have the TV reserved for 9.30 pm, when I'll sit down and relax in front of Project Runway. About the only programme I watch and can't miss. So off to "make it work"...........

No comments:

Post a Comment