Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

October Christmas ornament challenge completed......on time!!

Today is Labour day in New Zealand, which means a public holiday for most. Labour Day commemorates the struggle for an eight-hour working day. New Zealand workers were among the first in the world to claim this right when, in 1840, the carpenter Samuel Parnell won an eight-hour day in Wellington.

It was a miserable wet day in Christchurch, so gardening was out. So, I used today to finish my October Christmas decoration and complete 2 items for my Advent swap with Mrs HMM. I'm not quite at the half way mark yet, but I have some ideas. The handmade items are the hardest to decide on. The Internet is a wealth of inspiration.

All ready for Christmas.
I also did some more of my Christmas Garland. I think there are about 26 decorations to make for it along with numerous leaves that need to be embroidered. Oh, well a little bit at a time and I'll get there. 
Hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow and I can get back outside again- everybody will be back at work and school, so I'll have the house to myself. Talk soon  Mrs SFP XX

No comments:

Post a Comment