Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Final wrap up of the Advent Present Swap

I've really enjoyed this advent present swap with Mrs HMM. I did feel under pressure at times with having to be clever 25 times in one month!! But we both rose to the occasion and had a thoroughly enjoyable and crafty month. It's even inspired us to start/finish more crafty projects in 2013. We will definitely be doing the advent present swap again next year (shhh, but I've already started LOL). Not so much pressure with 2 presents a month. I think Mrs HMM was definitely more crafty than me and she created some lovely treasures for years to come.
Here is the final wee batch of presents:

Day Twenty Five
I've always been a BIG Holly Hobbie fan- I completed a huge cross stitch picture as a teenager, many years ago now. This will be a lovely picture to stitch. Mrs HMM has one the same to do as well. 
Day Twenty Four
Fabric to add to the stash, from one fabricaholic to another. Nothing like enabling the addiction LOL. 
Day Twenty Three
Another of my obsessions are VW's and here is a very cute little decoration. I think this one will be living on my pin board.
Day Twenty Two
Another gorgeous hand stitched ornament. I don't know where she found the time as it's been a busy month in the HMM household!!
The hardest thing about the swap was the blogging of it :-). I would definitely recommend it as a fun/challenging thing to do. 
Mrs HMM is at the family holiday house on the Peninsula enjoying some well earned RNR with her family and Mum. I miss her (we talk on the phone at least five times a day). Can't wait for her to get back so we can share more crafty stitching times.

Here's another project I try to add to each year. When the boys were born, 16 and 18 years ago now I made them each a calico Christmas sack for their booty. Each year I have added a cute button, or hand stitched patch that they chose. Here's Jordy's sack- seems like a lot of work for just a couple of days on display, but I hope it's creating an heirloom for the future, that they will share with their kids.
16 years of crafty Christmas.
Close up- this year's is the Debbie Mumm bird.
The garden's calling (screaming) for some attention......how do you balance everything you want to do? I'll leave you with a few pretty pictures of flowers:
Viola Maggie Mott- perennial, this has been such good value- flowering non-stop since being planted.
Scabiosa with deep maroon flowers- eye catching.
Take care and talk soon TTFN Mrs SFP.

No comments:

Post a Comment