Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Garden Update....it's been a while.


Sorry, it's been a while since my last post. Things have been busy in the lead up to Christmas. This is my big boy's last year at High School with exams, graduation and preparations for University next year. Younger son has had his first real taste of exams and the pressure to perform. I think I've been more stressed out then he has.

The lovely Mrs HMM and I committed to a Christmas advent swap between ourselves this year. A bit of a frantic last dash before the finish line, but we made it. We've had lots of fun.....I think, and so we've decided to do it again next year. Less pressure when you have the whole year to prepare. More of that to come later.

Here are some pictures of how things are growing in the garden at the moment. The chooks are delightful and getting bigger. No eggs yet, but looking forward to our first one!!

Strawberries, garlic, blackberry and blueberries.
Flower garden.
Eeeek, my guilty secret....hopefully a before picture.
The other side of the garden, unseen by bloggy eyes to date LOL.
My first attempt at growing broccoli, not too bad, but the plants are SO big.
Silverbeet for Mr SFP and the girls, lettuce and peas.
I've managed to fix the irrigation down the back which was a big job- I must of turned it off and on about 50 times. So, I think overall I can see a pin prick of light at the end of the tunnel....if I use the binoculars. I'll be back soon with the Advent swap goodies.
TTFN Mrs SFP XX

No comments:

Post a Comment